94 z71 Trans shifting while in low range

I am looking at purchasing a 94 z71. The quesion I have is: Is the trans supposed to up shift while driving in 4x4 low? When I put it in low range, the trans never shifts up when i drive it.
Thanks.
Jim

It should shift normally. But your shifts happen really fast in low range, and your perception of them may be the problem. Try holding it in 1 and manually shifting to 2 then 3. Watch the tach.