95

I have a 6.5 trubo diesel that runs good but it's losing water but you can't tell were it's going.Is ther a way to check for blowed head gasket or cracked head with out taking the heads off.thanks

Is the oil getting milky looking? Is there steam coming from the exhaust? Is the coolant getting foamy?

NO NONE OF THESE BUT THE TRUCK HAS A LOT OF LIGHT BLUE SMOKE
No need to yell...
How much coolant is it losing in what length of time?

THE TRUCK LOST ABOUT A GALLON IN ABOUT 2 HOURS,THE ADD WATER LIGHT COMES OWN. THANKS
PLEASE STOP YELLING!
Take it to a radiator shop and have them pressure check the system.

THANKS,I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE YELLING
TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS SIGNIFIES YELLING!

Sorry didn't know that.Thanks
No prob

Greetings,
A known issue with the pre-'97 6.5L TD's was burned-through head gaskets in the rear-most cylinders. This was caused by inadequate coolant flow and was fixed in 1998 with a higher flow water pump with twin thermostats and a crossover. I don't know just how much water you are losing over time, but you should have your cooling system pressure tested and consider this a highly potential cause.
The post-'98 water pump set-ups can be retrofitted onto earlier year motors so if you are going to have the motor repaired I highly recommend this modification as well.
Good luck - Jonathan