95 Blazer

My Blazer 4x4 (new rebuilt engine in Jan 2004 with 18k miles) check engine light came on yesterday. I tooke it to the parts store where I bought my engine. No codes were sent from the computer however the light remains
on. The engine is running ruff and I checked for any vacuum leaks. The parts guy said I should pull the plugs and check the wires with Ohm meter. I am thinking of doing that although I thought I would ask here for any suggestions.
Thanks!

I'd start by pulling the plugs and see what they tell ya.
Doc