95 Blazer fuel injectors?

Hey everyone!
I've got a 95 Blazer with the Vortec engine 4.3 and when I go to start it, it takes a little bit a cranking, about 5 seconds then its like it has to
wind up to get to smooth idle, and even then it could be better. Upon startup, it will blow a brief puff of white smoke and you can smell gas. The power could be better on pickup and overall it just doesn't run as well as I think it should. Eventually, I think the starter will fry if I don't get this fixed!
Does this sound like a fuel injector problem? If so, what would be the best route? Do it yourself and replace them all? Or take it to a shop and have them do it? Should I replace all or just the bad one(s)? How expensive is this to do on average? On a bit of a limited income so the most economical solution is best!
What is the best route?
I appreciate everyone's time for reading and responding to this!
TIA,
Doug
"" wrote: > Hey everyone! > > I've got a 95 Blazer with the Vortec engine 4.3 and when I go > to start it, > it takes a little bit a cranking, about 5 seconds then its > like it has to > wind up to get to smooth idle, and even then it could be > better. Upon > startup, it will blow a brief puff of white smoke and you can > smell gas. > The power could be better on pickup and overall it just > doesn't run as well > as I think it should. Eventually, I think the starter will > fry if I don't > get this fixed! > > Does this sound like a fuel injector problem? If so, what > would be the best > route? Do it yourself and replace them all? Or take it to a > shop and have > them do it? Should I replace all or just the bad one(s)? How > expensive is > this to do on average? On a bit of a limited income so the > most economical > solution is best! > > What is the best route? > > I appreciate everyone's time for reading and responding to > this! > > TIA, > > Doug
Check and change fuel filter first and if still hard starting, you should next check fuel pressure and eliminate these possible causes before you go further.