95 Blazer Fuel Pressure

Hi, Can some one tell me what the fuel pressure should be on my 1995 Blazer

4.3L CPI vin code W

Thanks Larry

Reply to
Larry

Mike Levy

It's 60-66psi isn't it?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Hayne's for my 94 with the same motor says 54-62 PSI.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Well I checked the pressure tonight , When i turn the key on I get 60 psi. As soon as the pump shuts off it drops to zero within about 10 seconds. With the engine running i get 53 psi at idle. Is it supposed to drop off or should it hold pressure ?

TIA Larry

Reply to
Larry

You have a problem with the CPI unit or the nut kit. It's not a terribly difficult job for a DIY person. I had NO mechanical experience except for changing tires and brakes before I replaced the one in my 94. Took me the better part of a day, but I had some trouble and had to go on a tool run in another vehicle.

Go to

and look in the 4.3L tech section,you'll see a sticky post outlining diagnosis of this problem. I got my parts from
for a reasonable price, others are having luck getting new units from Ebay at a significant savings.

If you want me to list the tools I needed and do a quick write-up of the procedure, I'll go check my tool bag to see what I had to buy. I know I needed a 10 mm box-end wrench, one stud was too long for ANY deep-well socket I had available. Maybe a 10 mm crow's foot for a ratchet would have been a better choice. The Hayne's manual also does a decent job of explaining it, but it's fairly straightforward, you need to get the upper plenum off and the injector is right there in the middle.

Reply to
Mike Levy