95 blazer - Oil lines from filter to radiator

4x4 v-6... has 2 oil lines going from oil filter to radiator.. Rubber hoses with metal ends that thread into radiator.. Both rotate, which is scary.. Are the metal ends actually supposed to rotate on the hose ends, or are
they defective?
Thanks..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

They shouldn't rotate when they are installed.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)

That's sort of what worries me, Steve, that they might.. I don't have the opportunity to go look at a new one, so I don't know if they're supposed to rotate when they're taken off the radiator..
Might be a moot point because I don't want to replace a 2 year old radiator just to continue having an oil cooler that I don't need.. I'll probably just cut the 2 hoses near the oil filter and loop them..
thanks, Steve.. I always appreciate your help...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

The threaded ones are just like a brake line on the ends. They are a double flared tube with a flare nut behind them. Spray them with some penetrant and they will usually come free without much work.
One you get them off you can clean them up easily and reinstall with a dab of never seize under the flare nuts. The one nice thing with the older units with the flare nuts was they didn't leak at the fittings like the newer ones do.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)

They're already off, Steve.. My question is should the metal part, which looks like it's clamped to the hose, rotate, or are the hoses/fittings defective?
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
mac davis wrote:

The threaded fittings should turn.
The crimped area where the steel line and metal line meet should not turn. If it does turn the line is junk.
If the crimped part is bad enough that it can turn I would REALLY replace them because the other end could be as bad and you don't want the lines to fail when your driving.
--
Steve W.
(\___/)