95 C1500 Brake Problems

Recently my 95 C1500 with ABS brakes has started having brake problems. If I hold firm pressure on the brake pedal, it will slowly but eventually be depressed all the way to the floor. It pumps up very quickly with only 2-3
pumps on the pedal. There are no leaks at the wheel cylinders nor in the engine compartment.? Is this the Master Cylinder? Any sure fire troubleshooting techniques?
Greetings,
Get ready to replace your master cylinder - it's almost dead.
Cheers - Jonathan

I agreee, master cylinder is shot. Be careful dont drive it too much farther, one of these times you hit the brakes there will be NOTHING there and pumping wont do a bit of good.

If you have no leaks then most likely the master cylinder is leaking internally. In other words bypassing.
Alan
-- Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com <<<<<<------ Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

If I

2-3
the
My 95 had the same problem, I replaced the Front Pads and it fixed the problem. By replacing the pads it restored the BF level to the MC. I would check that before shelling out $ for a MC. Doug