95 C1500 Wiper Motor Replacement

Recently the wiper motor on my C1500 went bad. I have bought a new motor but noticed that the crank arm must be taken off the old motor and placed on the new motor. How do I insure that when the new motor is attached to the firewall and the crank arm is attached to the motor that the wiper arms will traverse the windshield properly? That is, will the wiper arms swing in the proper arcs on the windshield and will they go back to the proper location when the wipers are turned off? Thanks in advance for your help!

Reply to
FlyingMike via CarKB.com