95 chev blazer 4.3L Vortec engine troublshooting

my service engine soon light either flashes or stays on.It is running very shitty and sucking up the gas.There is no power going to the data link so I am not able to retrieve the trouble codes. I have replaced the pcv valve, cap and rotor, plugs and wires, oxygen sensor, fuel filter, changed oil, air filter and it still runs the same. What else can I do?

Reply to
stcroixriver

service engine soon light flashes or stays on, running very shitty and sucking up the gas. Have replaced oxygen sensor, cap and rotor, plugs and wires, fuel filter, oil, air filter, pcv valve no luck. What else could be wrong?

Reply to
stcroixriver

The simplest thing to do is get to a decent garage. Have them hook a scan tool to the ALDL connector and read what problems it's having. Most decent places will only charge a diagnostic fee for this. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Reply to
The Riddell's

if you do remove it, buy yourself a piece of like 3 foot long exhaust pipe and have someone you know weld it in place of the Catalytic converter, dont do this if you have inspections in your state, I've heard its a MAJOR fine, here in Indiana we dont have them so.....

Reply to
Adam

So you don't mind breaking a Federal law.

filter, oil,

Reply to
Steve W.

Federal Law or not, if they had emmission inspections here like they do in all the states around us than probally almost at least 30 percent of all cars would be off the road here.

Reply to
Adam

This engine had two common failure items, both could cause your symptoms.

  1. EGR valves plugged. Generally can be fixed by removing and cleaning out the carbon build up
  2. CPI fuel pressure regulator and/or fuel line (called nut kit) feeding the CPI unit leaks fuels. Both are located inside the upper manifold. Fix is to replace the CPI unit and nut kit.
Reply to
DonW

I would worry about fixing the DLC first, then worry about everything else.

Reply to
Steve Mackie