95 Chev S10 spark plug seal

spark plug vibrates loose, can't really tighten

Reply to
JR4811

Shep

Two possibilites

Wrong size socket

Threads stripped in head

Reply to
Hairy

You don't have a gasket type plug screwed in there do ya?

Reply to
David Johnson

I had that problem with a 86 2.5L I-$ S-10. Number #2 would vibrate lose. Problem was damged threads, but not stripped.

I bought a inexpensive K-D Tools 14 MM spark plug thread chaser. Pulled all 4 spark plugs, chased the threads. Then I used a old stright boot from a spark plug wire, and hand tightened the plugs down. Then torqued them to the torque spec (I don't recall the number) with a torque wrench. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Thanks for comments

Reply to