95 chevy k2500 4x4

We had a lot of snow last night and there was no way I was getting out of my drive with my car so I figured I would take the truck. There was probably about 17 inches of snow in the drive so I put the truck in 4 wheel high and tried to back out. It stayed in 4 wheel high alright, but I couldn't get out so I put it in low. In 4 wheel low it stays engaged in reverse, but when I went to put it in drive it popped out into neutral. So I threw it back into low and it popped out again. Is there some kind of adjustment or something that maybe out of whack a little that would make it do this? I also noticed that the light wasn't coming on saying whether it is in 4WD or not in 4WH or

4WL. Any suggestions?

Thanks Shane

Reply to
gorehound

Is this push button 4x4 or manual with a shifter on the floor?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Reply to
Chevrolet

It is on the floor, could low fluid cause this like Chevrolet said? It seems to shift just fine, but it does have a leak out the rear seal of the tranny. I'm going out in a few to put a blower motor in it so I will check the fluid then. If that doesn't do it I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thanks Shane

Reply to
gorehound

Low fluid will not cause it to jump out of gear or not work other than the wear the lack of fluid causes and which new fluid will not fix. I would check fluid but I think I would look for worn. loose or out of adjustment linkage next.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan