95 chevy tahoe buzzing sound!!!!

Hello,my problem is whenever i turn on the headlights or turn the heat on,theres a constant buzzing,humming sound comming from the truck? When I step on the gas it gets louder.I don't think it smy radio because my amp
has a filter for noise of that sort.Please help if anyone has this sort of problem.
The alternator is getting ready to go Kaput!
Would be my most likely seat of the pants first guess, but however. A loose ground could cause a humming sound also.
I hope this helps?
Refinish King