'95 GMC fuel problem

My 95 Surburban will not start.It's not getting fuel to the throttle body. I changed the fuel pump and filter. I've tried to retreive the trouble codes from the computer but get nothing, not even the code indicating that the computer is working.

Reply to
dzach

no codes from the computer

Reply to
dzach

You need to clip on a spark tester or inductive timing light and check for spark. The injectors won't operate unless reference pulses are received from the distributor.

Then you need to get the diagnostic chart...."Engine cranks but won't start...no MIL present." and walk through the steps.

Reply to
News Skimmer

Thanks News Skimmer I'll try it.

Reply to
dzach

My 95 Silverado done the same thing. Fix was Electronic Ignition Switch...About a $400. repair at the shop. Not sure what test they did to find it though. Good luck..... Earl

Reply to
benick