95 gmc trans help

I have a 95 gmc 1/2 ton 2 wd with a getrag 5 speed all i have had is problems out of it one shop told me to change the slave cyl,another said the clutch while another said the tranny. I can change the gears smoothly while
not running but while it is running i have a hard time getting in 1st and 2nd and occasionally when i put in reverse it grinds as though im not fully pressing the clutch. I have tried the slave cyl and i finally got it bled out ,but it didnt help any at all. What is consisted to changining to an automatic other than the column? Thanks in advance By the way it is a 350 engine
Swapping to a automatic is pretty much R and R Drop the driveshaft, tranny, bellhousing, clutch assy, flywheel. Obtain a flexplate, auto tranny w/converter, swap radiators, plumb the cooler lines, probably swap crossmember, probably shorten or lengthen driveshaft.
Less expensive to R & R the throwout bearing, pilot bushing, clutch disc and pressure plate.
--
Mad-Dog
'79 Chevy K-10
I can change the gears smoothly while not running, but while it is running i have a hard time getting in 1st and 2nd, and occasionally when i put in reverse it grinds.
I have tried the slave cyl and i finally got it bled out ,but it didnt help any at all.
(A QUESTION) What is consisted to changining to an automatic other than the column?
Thanks in advance By the way it is a 350 engine
Labor and Money
lots of both
MarshMonster ~thinks maybe you need to ask some more questions~ ====================