95 GMC Yukon -- Brake Advice

Hi All,
    I'm going to be installing front brakes on my friend's Yukon tomorrow and have a question. I have done installation on a few imports and the
only thing that they include is usually two pieces of plastic on the side of the brakes which you would put mykote grease to prevent vibration. I bought today the AC Delco brakes and noticed that there are a few washer gaskets and plastic caps. Could anyone please tell me what they are used for? Sorry to be a pest....I just want to be sure ahead of time weather I'll need to go and get a Hayes book or not.
Thanks, Nick
"Nick" wrote>

Those items are usually for the caliper pins that hold the caliper to the knuckle. Once you remove the caliper and get the pins out of the way, you should be able to see the old stuff.....and determine what shape they are in. You can then replace the rubber components. Make sure you clean the pins/bolts up well and lube them and the rubber components with the supplied packet of grease. And spread some of that grease on the back of the brake pads where they contact the piston and the caliper. Also make sure that you clean off the surfaces of the caliper and the knuckle where they will be in contact, and the areas where the brake pads and the caliper will be in contact.
Ian
Thanks for the info...Worked like charm!
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 00:12:53 GMT, "shiden_kai"