95 Jimmy fuel sender/float question

I am curious as to whether or not anyone knows if a false empty reading will actually cut fuel delivery. In other words, if I truly have half a tank but
the sender's resistor 'reads' dead empty, will there be any implications that will cut off the fuel supply (i.e. A valve closing, power cut to pump, etc).
It seems that this is the case and I wanted to see if I was just nuts or if there might be some truth to this. I know that the opposite would be true if the tank was bone dry and the pump was puching air rather than fuel with the sender reading half full... Does anyone know for certain??
Thanks. Andrew.

For certain, if the sender reads false empty, there will be no effect on fuel delivery.