95 S-10 blazer wont go into 4wd

I had a hard time getting the truck into 4wd on a hunting trip last month. 4wh and 4wl lights just flashed. Now it doesn't respond at all. During the trip mentioned earlier I was in 4wh a lot. It was very muddy. The last time I was successful getting it into 4wd I had to put it in reverse.

Reply to
troysspt

I don't know if this is helpful or not but many of the 95s had a recall for the 4WD actuator/solenoid (I think that's what it was called). My experience was that mine was done for free at the dealer on my 95 SLT when I had no problems whatsoever. I then, later, was stuck in a rocky bog and ended up with the same symptoms you have. The cure was replacing the torn hose to the actuator/solenoid. When you press the dash switch, can you hear the solenoid? If so, my guess would be the air line being damaged / if not, I would side with a dead or failing actuator/solenoid. I hope this helps. Thanks! Andrew.

in article snipped-for-privacy@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 12/13/06 10:05 PM:

Reply to
AWN