95 s-10 clutch problem

I hope somebody on here can help me. On my friend's 95 s-10, we are having a problem with the clutch fork. When we get everything installed the clutch
fork pops off the pivot ball. This will be the 4th time that we have to take it apart to fix it and we are getting frustrated with this problem. It started with a clutch r & r. No junkyards around here will sell just the clutch fork, they want to sell you the tranny too. The truck has a 2.2, 5spd tranny and 2wd. TIA!
--
Mark

"Mark" wrote: > I hope somebody on here can help me. On my friend's 95 s-10, > we are having a > problem with the clutch fork. When we get everything installed > the clutch > fork pops off the pivot ball. This will be the 4th time that > we have to take > it apart to fix it and we are getting frustrated with this > problem. It > started with a clutch r & r. No junkyards around here will > sell just the > clutch fork, they want to sell you the tranny too. The truck > has a 2.2, 5spd > tranny and 2wd. > TIA! > > -- > Mark
i had the same problem with my half ton chevy.........you jus have to find a dealer that will sell u just the fork.............i got lucky and found the pivot and fork for 80 bucks new
"Mark" wrote:

Excessive play in clutch linkage can cause this too by allowing fork with bearing to disengage far enough to fall off of stud.