95 Tahoe 2dr, Water Leak

I googled for this problem, but only found references to the 4 door Tahoe. Maybe some one here has experience. I have a leak on on the passenger side of my Tahoe. I lifted up the front carpet
and the padding is wet. Behind and under the passenger seat is also wet. The rear passenger seatbelt wells are dry. I looked under the truck, but didn't see anything obvious. The only thing is the front door pillar, behind the kick panel has a little water in it. Possibly from a leak at the rubber wire protector that passes into the door.
Looks like I might have to wait for the next rain to see if this is the source of the leak. I hosed it down but still didn't see a thing.
TIA & Cheers

If it has A/C, I'd put $50 on it being a clogged A/C condensate drain or a crack in the plastic evaporator core housing.
Doc

Well, I didnt see any leak from the AC lately. It was leaking some time ago, but that was dripping \on top of the carpet. The carpet is rubber backed, so any moisture on top doesnt make it to the padding on the bottom. The edges under the AC condensor are dry, so my leak is on the floor tub or from some pillar either front or rear. And the rug bottom of the rear cargo area is dry.
Cheers

~
Re: 95 Tahoe 2dr, Water Leak Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Mon, Oct 6, 2003, 11:15pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (MartinRiddle)
Well, I didnt see any leak from the AC lately. It was leaking some time ago, but that was dripping \on top of the carpet. The carpet is rubber backed, so any moisture on top doesnt make it to the padding on the bottom. The edges under the AC condensor are dry, so my leak is on the floor tub or from some pillar either front or rear. And the rug bottom of the rear cargo area is dry.
Cheers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin, when dealing with a water leak, it never hurts to call the "Dealership" body shop. They deal with wind noise and water leaks all the time, and may be able to give you some insight into a "known" problem area for the leak.
just a thought......
Scrib Abell (3rd gen bodyman...4 dealerships) ~~though it has been many,many, years passed~~
Thanks for the tip, there a good dealer close bye. I usually think of these things, but you beat me to it.
Cheers
(Martin Riddle)
Well, I didnt see any leak from the AC lately. It was leaking some time ago, but that was dripping \on top of the carpet. The carpet is rubber backed, so any moisture on top doesnt make it to the padding on the bottom. The edges under the AC condensor are dry, so my leak is on the floor tub or from some pillar either front or rear. And the rug bottom of the rear cargo area is dry.
Cheers
Martin, when dealing with a water leak, it never hurts to call the "Dealership" body shop. They deal with wind noise and water leaks all the time, and may be able to give you some insight into a "known" problem area for the leak.
just a thought......
Scrib Abell (3rd gen bodyman...4 dealerships) ~~though it has been many,many, years passed~~
How about a leaky heater core?
(Martin Riddle) | | Well, I didnt see any leak from the AC lately. It was leaking some time | ago, but that was dripping \on top of the carpet. The carpet is rubber | backed, so any moisture on top doesnt make it to the padding on the | bottom. The edges under the AC condensor are dry, so my leak is on the | floor tub or from some pillar either front or rear. And the rug bottom | of the rear cargo area is dry. | | Cheers | | ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ | | Martin, | when dealing with a water leak, it never hurts to call the | "Dealership" body shop. They | deal with wind noise and water leaks all the time, and may be able to | give you some insight | into a "known" problem area for the leak. | | | just a thought...... | | Scrib Abell | (3rd gen bodyman...4 dealerships) | ~~though it has been many,many, years passed~~ |
(Martin Riddle)

Well, I found it. It was leaking in the cowel area, under the windshield. Seems a small crack developed in the sealing compound GM uses. Resealed it and resealed the two screws that hold the plastic cowel on. Seems that only a small drip was needed to soak the matting under the carpet. With no means to evaporate or drain it eventually overfilled and started dripping by the passenger door foot sill.
Cheers
(Martin Riddle)