95 Tahoe 4x4 Brake problems

95 Tahoe 4x4 5.7 Liter Gasoline Eng Standard 16" alloy wheels

I am looking to improve the braking on my Tahoe.

I replaced both front rotors and pads using brut-stop pads and new bendix rotors. The truck still won't stop its own weight in an acceptable manner when speeds are above 45 or so. Rear brakes seem to be fine. I am not getting any ABS warnings.

When I apply the brakes as if in a panic stop they decel to a point and then just won't decel any harder. It feels like they are nowhere close to locking up. Now put a boat behind it and hold on, cause you ain't stopping anytime soon. Pedal feels fine...other than the typical no brake till the pedal has travelled a bit. That is normal I know on chevys. Pedal is hard and not spongy. Also the pedal never fades towards the floor.

I am looking into a big brake kit, but am concerned that something is not right that I need to address first.

HELP!!

Reply to
tkalbo