96 6.5l TD 3500 no reverse

All other gears work fine and I have had no Trouble with it at all but this morning there was no reverse at all. I think it may be a solinoid but I am wondering if there is any way to test it without removing the pan? Or if anyone has a wiring schematic or knows somwhere that I can get one.

Reply to
JaysonMurray

Shep

. . top post . . It's broke internally.

It's not the solenoids.

There is a way to test it without pulling the pan.

I have a wiring schematic.

I will post the test and the schemtatic if you insist. It will do you no good. You will look at them.... You will study them... You will think about doing the test... But......

And I am in firm belief of this......

But.... you will be like so many others that came before you requesting schematics and test proceedures.....and not perform the tests.

Because...... (1) you do not own the equipment needed to perform the tests that "should" be performed in order to verify what I am telling you, and what is fact......it's broke. It's broke bad. It's broke reeeel bad. (2) no one is going to loan you the expensive scanner needed to look at live data. (3) no one is going to loan you a "TransX" shifter to tie into the harness to shift the unit and moniter the comands and the electrical parameters as they are being output.

ain't no doubt......it's gotta come out.

~yes....i will post the tests and the schematics if you persist~

~:~ MarshM> It is internal no solenoids, the sun shell is stripped, 4t80e trans has this > proble

Reply to
Marsh Monster

========== ========== He does not have a 4T80E tranny in his vehical.

jest the facts sir..... jest the facts.

~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Has to be the 4T60. The sun shells always break in them. The sooner you get it fixxed the cheaper it will be. Letting all the metal from broken parts float around in there will only break more parts in time.

Reply to
scrapir

I think Marsha was referring to the fact that he doesn't have the 4T60 because T stands for Transverse and is a front wheel drive tranny. If he owns a full sized truck he has the 4L60E or 4L80E where L stands for longitudinal and is a rear wheel drive tranny. In fact, since he has a 3500 series with the 6.5L TD then he has the 4L80E because it is rated for more load, etc. I don't believe the 60 was ever put behind the 6.5 even in the half-ton's (my '95 C1500 with the 6.5L TD had the 4L80E).

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Reply to
Marsh Monster

My bad thats what I meant was the 4L60. I didn't think they put it in the

3500 either but wasn't sure with it being that old of a truck. In that case it sounds like you have a broken piston in the direct clutch drum. That would be the only thing I can think of if you didn't just have it rebuilt.
Reply to
scrapir