96 Blazer 4x4 (4x4 problems?)

Just purchased 1996 Blazer from a dealer in WI and about 50% of time after start up car makes rubbing noise from the front. The slower you go the louder it gets until you can fell and hear a chunk. After this all is fine.
Can also hit 4hi to stop noise right away. 4x4 is working(2hi light not working). Seems to me that 4x4 is not fully disengaging but I have not engaged it. Any one know what is wrong cause the shop is talking about basically just throwing parts at it. I take it in Monday. thanks JonTodd
Could be bad CV joint(s).
-- 98 Camaro

the
fine.