96 C1500 starter and heater fan dead

On the way to work me heater fan quit working. I stopped to get gas and when I tried to start the truck, the starter was dead. No clicking or anything. The battery is fine, the lights are bright and all the radio,
lights pw pl etc all work great. I Had the truck towed home that night and checked the wiring. I had 12 volts at the purple wire that comes out of the neutral safty switch but only .2 volts at the purple wire on the starter. I pulled the starter and touched 2 termanals on the starter and it turned. The ignition switch seams ok. Every time I tried to start the truck, the started did nothing. The heater fan also did nothing. I put everything back together, tried it again and nothing. Tried it one last time and the truck started. The heater fan also worked great. In the next 30 minutes I started and shut the truck off about 10 times with out any trouble. The heater fan also worked great at all speeds. I went to start the truck again and the starter did nothing, also the heater fan quit working again. I would like any advice. Thank you.
Corrosion between the 2 positive battery terminals of the red cables at the battery. KenG