96 chevy c1500 pickup radio

hello everyone.
i have a 96 c1500, and the clock on the radio always stays on. i hasnt always stayed on, until i rebuilt the engine????? im not sure what that has
to do with it, but it was after that, it stayed on.
the problem with this is, it continues to drain my battery when its cold out, and i havent ran it for a few days.
can anyone tell me how to diconnect the clock from being on all the time, and only when the ignition is on?
Thank you