96 chevy silverado water pump replacement

I am attempting to replace this. Do I have to remove the alternator or power steering/air conditioner pump brakets or can I just take the 4 water pump bolts out and remove? Is this an easy repair?

Reply to
stryped

except for damned fan

Reply to
DAvid Norris

It helps to remove the cowl too. (not absolutely necessary, but I like having the room)

..and the fan as was mentioned...

Put a wrench on the tension/idler and release the belt, and yank the pump.

Consider youself lucky, we used to have to pull the ac/alt/ and darn near everything to change out a water pump. For once, and this is the only time Ive noticed, the engineers who get paid obscene money to design, came up with a better idea. (I usually find myself muttering "whoever came up with this idea should be taken out in the street and shot!")

Water pumps these days are a piece of cake.

Charles

stryped wrote:

Reply to
Shelldigger