96 chevy silverado water pump replacement

I am attempting to replace this. Do I have to remove the alternator or power steering/air conditioner pump brakets or can I just take the 4 water pump bolts out and remove? Is this an easy repair?

stryped wrote:

It helps to remove the cowl too. (not absolutely necessary, but I like having the room)
..and the fan as was mentioned...
Put a wrench on the tension/idler and release the belt, and yank the pump.
Consider youself lucky, we used to have to pull the ac/alt/ and darn near everything to change out a water pump. For once, and this is the only time Ive noticed, the engineers who get paid obscene money to design, came up with a better idea. (I usually find myself muttering "whoever came up with this idea should be taken out in the street and shot!")
Water pumps these days are a piece of cake.
Charles