96 GMC Yukon Driveshaft Problem

Hi! I have a problem with my GMC Yukon. The " + cross" part of the driveshaft gave up and broke :/ I have no idea why this happened, though we were towing an 8 ton truck out of a
ditch a few months ago. So my question is: how much do they cost in the US, new or used? Is it true that both (one on each end of the DS) are the same?
Thx for your replys!
Fusion" wrote: "I have a problem with my GMC Yukon. The " + cross" part of the driveshaft gave up and broke :/ I have no idea why this happened, though we were towing an 8 ton truck out of a ditch a few months ago. So my question is: how much do they cost in the US, new or used? Is it true that both (one on each end of the DS) are the same?"
The part you are looking for is called a yoke. It is welded on. Find a place that repairs and balances drive shafts and they can repair it for you.
Sarge

of
though
you.
Sarge Some how I think he is refering to the U-Joint its self, and not the yoke.
Whitelightning
Whitelightning wrote:

pretty sure hes talking about the u joints and yes they are the same size on my 95 anyway.. When taking the old ones off is they are still on make sure to burn the factory was out before the slip ring and press otherwise youll never get it.