96 S10 Blazer 4.3 4x4 Starter replacement.......

I got a 96 S10 Blazer 4.3 4x4 that needs a starter. Anyone here have any tips as to getting it out ????? It looks like a horror show under there. My 89 S10 starter was a bitch
and this one looks worse...... Thanks............
Thank you Brian J. Molinari 28 Corriveau Drive Hooksett, NH 03106-2412 Reply to - snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
take off tire and wheel well skirt that will be able to get at wires and such a little easier

you need to take off the sheet metal shield around the back of it (2 -10mm-head bolts) and also there is a 'stud-bolt' into the side of the oil pan with a clamp for the big hot lead......can be reached with a long extension and 10 mm swivel socket....hard to get off, harder to put back on)
then pull it out of the bell, turn the drive end up and disconnect the wires, then twist and turn till it comes down
a pain in the ass, but do-able

Brian, Never disclose your real name and addy in a Usenet posting. It's just a real bad idea. JR
--
Computer Tips & Tweaks
Builds/Upgrades/Repairs