96 Silverado hard steering problem when sitting at a stop.

OK, hope someone can help me with this. I have a 96 chevy silverado, automatic, xcab, 4x4, 350 vortec with 144,125 miles. The problem is when the truck is
sitting still you have to use 2 hands and a lot of force to turn the wheel either direction. This problem is still there with the front end in the air with no weight on the tires. I have replaced ps pump twice, the steering gear once and the high pressure hose with no help. I have had the rack and ball joints checked. Anyone else had a problem similar to this. All the parts came from Napa. Thanks in advance.
Just a wild off shoot, but your 4x4 may be stuck engaged. These things are hard to turn when the 4x4 is engaged. Just a mabey....