96 Silverado oil filter housing question

have a 96 chevy truck Silverado with a 350. It has an oil cooler. I have a leak somewhere and was going to replace the seal in the oil filter housing. I have never taken one apart and my Hayes manual does
not have a description of it. It looks like two bolts undo it. Do I have to remove the oil cooler lines also. What is in there once you get it off? Is this a hard repair?
I appreciate any help!