96 Tahoe Door Fire

My son's 96 chevy Tahoe was totaled by an electrical fire in the driver's side door, near the power mirror switch. It had sat outside overnight in a snowstorm, and there was lots of snow on the roof. Has
anybody else had this or something similar happen to them, or know of anybody it happened to?
Lance Courtland
replying to Lance Courtland, Robert Myers wrote: I had a fire today in the drivers side door, ? It extinguished intself after damaging the inside with smoke and plastic melting.
I don't think it goes back to 96, but there is a recall on the drivers side switch cluster (My 2006 Trailblazer was included). It was not sealed properly, and allows water in, shorting out.
John
"Robert Myers" wrote in message
replying to Lance Courtland, Robert Myers wrote: I had a fire today in the drivers side door, ? It extinguished intself after damaging the inside with smoke and plastic melting.
replying to Lance Courtland, John wrote: There is a recall on the drivers side power switch for this very reason, but I don't think it goes back to 96. My 2006 Trailblazer was included.