'96 Tahoe Needs a New Engine

I bought a '96 Tahoe W/100K+ on the odometer. After putting a few thousand miles on it the engine started to miss. Had it diagnosed and the engine has
2 cracked heads. Looks like engine was severely overheated by the previous owner. I'm going to replace the motor.
Any recommendation on who to talk to about getting a new motor? I live in the western portion of the lower peninsula of Michigan. Any idea on costs? Does Jasper Engines has a good name for themselves? What about buying a complete unit from GM?
Thanks.
GED
Ive been watching the post for a little while and havent heard anything bad about jasper. about gm, probaly a better motor but jasper would be a hell of a lot cheaper.

Jasper engines are fine
On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:07:34 -0700, mat wrote:

Jasper is among one of the most popular remanufactures:
But, for a few dollars more. You can have genuine GM!
Go with the GM long block, it will be new and better!
Just my devalued $0.02
Refinish King