97 Blazer LT to a ZR2

Hey Gang, I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference between LT and a ZR2? I like the profile of the ZR2 and was wonder if there are some GM bolt-ons or wheel changes I could do. I'm not really worried
about making equal in off-roading, just appearance.
Basically, I want it to look like a 4 door ZR2.
You'll need a lift kit, but that will only take care of the height. The ZR2 is 3" taller than your typical 4x4, it's also wider. The wheels are the same. There are no GM bolt-ons you can add to make your truck look like a ZR2. Even the fenders and quarter panels are different, to accomdate the flare attachment. The ZR2 suspension parts will NOT bolt to your frame, the ZR2 and regular 4x4 trucks use different mounting points. Get some Bushwacker flares and you're close, but even a 2" body-lift won't allow your regular 4x4 to clear the 31x10.5's with no trimming like a stock ZR2 can.
Not building it to use, just building it to look cool? Why not just put 22's and rubber-band tires on it? I'm upset I don't get more chances to go offroading in my S-10 ZR2 than I have already. It's not the baja-like speed, it's the teamwork and camraderie of the people you go with that make it fun. That and actually using the truck for what it was intended.
On that note, I'm doing a VERY in-depth wash on my truck tomorrow, to get rid of as much of the winter garbage as I can. Gotta lose the salt residue from these NY roads.
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:45:45 -0500, John Q Public