97 C1500 5.0 Hard start cold?

My Grandfather has a 97 C1500 with a 5.0. I think it's a Vortec engine. It's always been hard to start cold, so I did a full tune up and ran great when warm, but you just couldn't get nice throttle response when you gas it in Park. Now, the truck is almost impossible to start cold. Sounds like it close to firing, but no cigar...Check engine light is on, but I don't have a scanner. Does this sound like a throttle position sensor? TIA

Reply to
thebigfellow

======= =======

97 C1500 5.0 Hard start cold? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sun, Aug 1, 2004, 7:41am (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net (thebigfellow)

My Grandfather has a 97 C1500 with a 5.0. I think it's a Vortec engine.

It's always been hard to start cold, so I did a full tune up and ran great when warm, but you just couldn't get nice throttle response when you gas it in Park.

Now, the truck is almost impossible to start cold.

Sounds like it close to firing, but no cigar...

Check engine light is on, but I don't have a scanner.

Does this sound like a throttle position sensor? TIA

No, it does not.

yer welcome, post script MarshMonster ~:~ ========= =========

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Sounds like the ECT sensor may be faulty.

thebigfellow wrote:

Reply to
Blown94SC