97 CHEV BLAZER S10 6CYL IGNITION SWITCH

I am having trouble removing my key from the ignition switch after I turn off the engine. Sometimes it comes out and at other times it does not. When it acts up the engine light comes on and I loose power when taking
off, as if I'm taking off in 3rd gear. Yet when I shift manually it will shift fine. Then there are times when the key works fine and it shifts great in all gears when in "drive". Is it possible that the ignition switch is causing error codes and thats why it feels like I take off in 3rd gear at times? Any insight would be appreciated. I was told my transmission is going out but I can't believe that since when the key pulls out I get good power and great shifting.. Someone advise and thanks
JRAM
Sounds like ign switch is going bad and you loose voltage to certain functions. Not the key cyl, but the switch or actuation mechanism.

-