97 Chevy ABS ptoblem

Hey, I have a 97 ext.cab Z71 the and ABS light is on. In addition the truck don't stop well and it makes a grinding sound (under the hood). I pulled the fuse from the ABS and it now stops better and no more noise. What could be the trouble? The ABS motor/module? Is this something I can replace?? thanks, MB

Reply to
mburgaleta1

If the ABS light is on, there will be a stored trouble code. That's the best place to start.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

I agree you should look for error codes but it is likely a bad wheel sensor because I had a simular problem with my 2000 K3500 a few years ago and they replaced a front wheel sensor and rotor under warranty. Hopefully yours is just a sensor and not the rotor too because they do not come cheap. My dealer bill would have been around 800 bucks had it not been for extended warranty.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan