97 chevy tahoe push button 4x4 problem

I have a 97 tahoe and im having problems with the push button 4 wheel drive. Just wanting to know if anyone has had the same problem or if anyone knows anything about it. Here is what it is doing.
When im in 2 wheel the light on the button is off when it is suppose to be on. it will not do anything when i hit the 4 hi button and when i hit the 4 lo button it goes in but the 4 hi and 4 lo lights are both on when i want to go back to 2 wheel it goes fine but the light does not come on
i have put another switch in it hoping that was the problem but it didnt fix it
i would appreciate any help with this thanks
Do a search on the problem I think there was something about the actuator causing this. Larry

anyone
fix