97 K1500 Suburban brakes and electrical

I have a 1997 K1500 Suburban with about 85k miles on it. I have had to replace the rotors twice in the last year. I was hoping someone might know of a good after-market rotor to use so that I might change them less
frequently.
Second, I have this pulsing like thing happening in the electrical system. All the lights (head,tail,dash,dome etc) pulse in and out while the engine is running. Not to the on/off point but just a slight pulsing that I notice while driving at night.
Anything helps
ed
I will be replacing the rotors for the first time on my 97 Tahoe with PowerSlot crossdrilled rotors and Hawk Brake Pads all for around $225. I have been replacing front pads like every two years since I bought it new ........ I have yet to replace the rear shoes and the drums are still in great shape ....
The pulsing sounds like the alt. getting ready to give up .....

know
notice
I would buy the factory rotors again. The brakes on my 1996 Suburban 1500 with Turbodiesel are still original at 91000 miles. In fact, at last month's dealer tire rotation, both the shoes and pads had still more then 6 millimeter thickness. Good for another 30 k or so!
As to pulsing lights, check for an intermittent power consumer staying on, e.g. rear window defroster or glow plugs. Good luck.

know
notice

know
notice
I don't understand....why are you replacing the rotors? My '93 has the originals on it. Maybe you are using cheap pads that are melting onto the rotors and leaving lumps.
Dave

system.
engine
Ed, Rotors can be a pain. What is happening to them that causes the need for replacement? As for the pulsing lights, it could be a bad connection to your alternator,battery or grounding for either of them, Could also be a bad alternator. Is it a steady pulse (alternator) or a varied one like hitting a bump or turning left/right(connection)?
Steve
The rotors are warping. I have read that this is an issue with these years, but, I was hoping someone might know of a good aftermarket setup. The pulsing is constant, speeds up with the enging and slows down with the engine. Took it in and no-one can figure it out.
Ed

bad
have you checked to see if your back brakes even work? the drums on the back were marginal at best and usually you only notice they're not working by eating up brake pads and/ or warping your front rotors.
-Bret

might
for
hitting