97 K2500 brake calipers

The book says that the front brake calipers are torx bolts.

Can anyone tell me what size torx driver I need for this bolt?

I don't have any and I don't want to buy a whole set to try to get the one that I need.

Better yet, can anyone tell me if there are more of these on this truck? I know about the ones that hold the tailgate latch on, but those are the only other ones I've seen.

Thanx for your help.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Patterson

rmk700

You are absolutely right.

Friend had sets of torx and allen wrenches and once I got the wheel off and felt around there it was allen head, 3/8.

Thanx.

Reply to
Keith Patterson

Some GM Cars and Trucks are T-50 (use Snap-On T-500, which is made just for GM brake caliper bolts). Some are 10MM allen, some are T-60. T- stands for Torx. Cheep bits will leave you cussing every time. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig