97 Sierra Blower Motor Not Working Any Speeds....help

Replaced the Blower Motor Resistor ...no FAN at any swtich setting Removed FAN and connected both terminals direct to truck battery and it spun Tested for voltage at the blower terminals and had 13.5 volts (fan does not spin when plugged back)

So I have 13.5 volts now at the blower motor leads but FAN not turning. Fuse of course checks good (25A position #12). Is my only option left to be the dash dial swtich ?

Reply to
ndccpf1

Meebers

I pulled the + and - leads (blue and black respectively) off the blower itself and put a FLUKE digital meter on the leads as I turned the blower switch. I assume the black lead (smaller tabbed wire) is a direct to ground wire ? If I measure from that black lead to a ground / chassis point I should read 0 ohms ?

Reply to
ndccpf1

und connection good on that connector"ndccpf1" wrote in= message

Reply to
jerry.perumotors

round connection good on that connector"ndccpf1" wrote = in message

bare a spot on the motor and run a temporary ground to the batt. neg. to see. Jerry

Reply to
jerry.perumotors

bare a spot on the motor and run a temporary ground to the batt. neg. to see. Jerry

Reply to
Meebers

Ground tested good. Also ran a separate groiund wire today. Still no fan turning. I now suspect.....FAN switch or is there a RELAY somewhere ?

Reply to
ndccpf1

Replaced dash rotary swtich ($ 29@ GMC). All good now. Strange was that all positions showed 13.5V at the motor and the last position was

0V using the old swtich.