'97 Tahoe electrical problem... blows fuses

'97 Tahoe electrical problem... blows fuses occassionally in the courtesy light circuit... tested all lights... seem ok... does not do it right away, sometimes
goes a week before it happens again... i thought maybe the courtesy light delay circuit? has it ever given such a simptom?
any ideas?

Remove or disconnect the cigarette lighter and see if it stops blowing fuses.
Doc
No difference... in fact the lighter works just fine even when fuse blows for courtesy lights... it is on a different fuse... seems only the courtesy lights and the electric mirrors are connected to that fuse... still searching... thanks for any help

Does it blow while stopping, starting, or cornering. My uneducated guess would be you have a bare positive wire hitting a grounded panel somewhere. Seems vague because it is.
Corey

I really can't tell... I replace it and 20 minutes later or one week later it blows... never knowing exactly when. I have actaully replaced the 20 amp fuse with a 15 amp hoping it will blow and i can then troubleshoot... I have had one of the courtesy lamps on for a couple of days shining in my eye... hoping I can see the fuse blow and try then to recreate the event.... nothing... even at 15 amps.. the light is shining brightly.... and all is working just fine.... including the mirrors which are also fed by the same circuit.
guess we will see
thanks
Gues what...
today the fuse blew ... twice... no idea ... what caused it ... still a mistery.... maybe tomorrow I will be removing the door panels and moving things around to see if I can make it happen again...