'97 Tahoe has too much play in steering

Hi
My '97 Tahoe with a bizillion miles had too much play in the steering. checked and found that the pitman arm was shot, so I replaced it. Now, even tho its a
lot less, it still has more than normal play. I have checked all else.... control arm ends, bushings, ball-joints, etc. It seems to be coming from the steering box. Are these adjustable? if so, how?
thanks

If you want to adjust the steering box you will find an Allen screw with a locknut on the top of the box. Use caution when making this adjustment as you can damage the unit.
Also, you might want to inspect the universal joint on the steering column as these become sloppy in time. If you confirmed that everything else is in tolerance and the steering box is adjusted properly I would seriously consider changing the universal if you want tighter steering.
Rita