'97 Tahoe- what happened

I had been driving my Tahoe (135k) for about a solid hour and a half at

65-70mph, came to a stop at a light and immediately the truck went into this really hard/rough idle. Sideview mirrors were vibrating pretty good and the engine was making a lot of racket. Light turns green, I start off slowly, idle had subsided and at 10mph I get this really hard and loud "lurch" at 30mph it did it again, although considerably less noticeable. I was stopped at two or three lights on the way home, and each time the same sequence of events. Got home and truck sat for about 30 minutes, started it up and drove off absolutely no problem. Thoughts or suggestions?
Reply to
dave

Did the dash light up at all. I had a car that somthing would go haywire in the sensors and it would act kindof like that. Drove really poor and after a quick restart it drove normal, like nothing ever happened.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Reply to
dave

Reply to
scott

My EGR solenoid valve (96 350 vortec) caked up w/ carbon and caused similar symptoms. Chk Eng light did come on though. Removed it and cleaned carbon out thoroughly and every things fine now.

If you've never cleaned it out, it'd probably help a lot. Be sure to clean the carbon out of the passageways on the intake manifold too.

Hope this helps.

CB

Reply to
Chris