97 tahoe windshield leak

I have a 97 tahoe and when it rains im getting water down inside my air box and then its leaking out into the floor board. My roommate has a 98 z71 truck and my brother has a 98 tahoe all doing the same thing. I have heard
that you cannot reseal that window without taking it out but that there is a removeable weatherstrip along both sides of the windshield that can be taken out and resealed. Other than that there is a hard plastic piece all that way around the windshield that is made to it. Just wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with this and if anyone has any tips on how i might be able to fix this myself. Thanks Brian
When you say it leaks from the air box, does it leak where the blower motor is? I found that I had a leak when I burnt out my blower motor due to the cage being stuck in ice. This is what I found with mine, if you remove the passenger side hood hinge cover on the cowl there is a sheet metal screw under that cover that is directly over the blower intake. Take out the screw and reseal it.
William