98 Blazer dies after 20 miles ( Help:-(

Blazer keeps dying after a short run on the road, In neutral the motor will start and run but when put into gear just moves a few feet and dies again, when it sits for a while its good for a few more miles, I have checked all fluid levels and they are all fine.
It was subjected it could be the catalytic converter, is there a way to check this out will it run without it if it is removed?? I am a long way from a service center so if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be it would be appreciated.

start and run but when put into gear just moves a few feet and dies again, when it sits for a while its good for a few more miles, I have checked all fluid levels and they are all fine.

this out will it run without it if it is removed?? I am a long way from a service center so if anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem might be it would be appreciated.
Check/change fuel filter and do a fuel pressure check. You could have a fuel pump in tank going bad and if you run it low a lot you likely do too. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

SnowTurkey must have a macro for this one....ctrl-F or something for a fast response.
skimmer....not trolling.
On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:46:06 -0600, "NewsSkimmer"

Yeah, but for once I agree with him. The OP's a long way from help, a fuel filter is cheap and fairly easy for a novice to change,*and* it could cause those symptoms. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

And wrong 1438 times a day. 60 times more if you have a second hand.
skimmer
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 03:22:00 GMT, "NewsSkimmer"

Well, yeah, there is that.<g>. -- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 22:46:06 -0600, "NewsSkimmer"

It would not be complete with a coment for a peanut gallery troll. Some come here looking for some help and others like you come here to cause trouble to make up for some insecurity or inmaturity that you have. Knock yourself out. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com