98 blazer ecav filter

My service engine light recently came on. I took it to my mechanic to have it checked out and the engine code came up showing the evac filter is clogged. I would like to know if anyone can tell me exactly where on the
vehicle it is located. Is this something I can change myself or should I let my mechanic change it.
I don't know exactly where it is but it is in the engine compartment. I also know that either that specific code, or that 'general' code can be caused by; 1) Loose gas cap. 2) Faulty gas cap.
What code was actually pulled?
~KJ/TLGM