98 Blazer front end thumps and bumps

Usually this happens when I'm just starting from a parked position and the wheels are turned I will hear and feel a thump from either the front right or left wheel area. Sometimes it's almost like a "crack"
sound. Other times it's like a thump under the floor board. It happened once the other day while driving on highway over a dip in the road. It's always just once, not a continuous sound.
Check the torsion bar rear mounts, one may be broken.

-
Mine did the same thing and it was a torsion bar mount.

"dale" wrote: > Usually this happens when I'm just starting from a parked > position and > the wheels are turned I will hear and feel a thump from either > the > front right or left wheel area. Sometimes it's almost like a > "crack" > sound. Other times it's like a thump under the floor board. It > happened once the other day while driving on highway over a > dip in the > road. It's always just once, not a continuous sound.
I get that sometime in my 2000 K3500 OBS (Old Body Style) truck when I first start out when backing up and turning. On mine it is the T-bars shifting slightly in their sockets. It can be noisy.