98 Blazer LT intermittent surging

Hi All,
'98 Blazer with only 29K miles on it. Today it started surging intermittently when driving about 50+ mph. No computer codes and of course no CEL.
As a shot in the dark I plan on changing the fuel filter, if I can find it.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? TIA
A.J.
Good on the fuel filter, if it is not a miss, also check the fuel pressure especially under load.

-
the fuel filter is below the drivers side beside the frame if you have a 4x4 it will be very hard to get to without taking the driveshaft out.