'98 'Burb 1500: Mirror Getting Weird

A new personal record! This is the first vehicle I've ever owned in which the rear view mirror started to fail. -)
The photo chromatic functionality sort of comes and goes.
Sometimes the mirror is totally "dead" (i.e. maximum darkness in the photo chromatic aspect and no temp/compass) other times it's kind of halfway there - but not 100%.
Anybody been here?
--
PeteCresswell

Pull down the front edge of the headliner and check the connections.
Dave

Hey Pete,
I had a similar problem with my 2000 Chevy and I subscribed to ALLDATAdiy.com and it has been very useful. I am handy and like to do things myself and this subscription gives me diagnosis, repair, TBSs, recalls and labor times. It might be useful for you.
Check it out - I copied the link below for you.
http://traffic.alldatadiy.com/cgi-bin/redir?pd_link=i1-a44690-o4010-c66365
Andy Deil