'98 'Burb 180k: What Lies Ahead

Been flipping back-and-forth like a ball between two bumpers in a pinball machine: keep this thing and try for 250k or move on.
Having finally gotten all the bugs out, the thought of trashing
it bothers me - not to mention that every mile I get out of it from now on is essentially free... until the next thing fails.
OTOH, there's the uncertainty factor...
Here's where it is now, maintenance-wise: ------------------------------------------
68k: New pads Turned rotors
76k: bored & sleeved xmission's valve body
89k: Replaced wiper board
97k: Replaced serpentine belt, New plugs, Serviced trans
126k Replaced front differential pinion seal
130k: Replaced alternator (prev replacement @98k) Replaced serpentine belt & idler pulley New front pads New front rotors Replaced rear brake cylinders
143k: New tires Replaced radiator, Replaced water pump (prev replacement @77k) Replaced input manifold gasket
147k: Replaced windshield Replaced horns
152k: Replaced moving parts in front end New shocks
163k: Replaced 4wd switch (second replacement) Replaced starter
181k: Replaced fuel pump (prev replacement @97k) Replaced battery -------------------------------------------
Oil changes have been pretty regularly <5k intervals using Mobil-1.
The no brainer seems tb to drive it until something big (like the trannie fails) and then think about junking it.
But there's some rusting though in the roof around two of the rack mounts. Possible safety issue there... and probably not cheap to fix.
Does anybody (maybe somebody with fleet exposure) have a feeling for what's on the horizon?
--
PeteCresswell

Looks like my list, except the starter, 4wd switch, trans bored valve body and fuel pump. I'll add the transfer case shaft, synchro and gear, new front rotors , front cat/Y pipe, 1 upper ball joint, Idler arm and Pitman arm, and Tie rod ends/sleeves. And 3 1/2 sets of tires. Oh and the blasted wiper transmission copper clip.
I have 209K so far. It's got mechanical linkages to the accelerator and for the steering so I'm keeping it.
Cheers
Per Bill:

That's close to my view: a new car piece-by-piece.
Being a lifelong fiscal conservative bordering on reactionary, I don't think in terms of monthly payments: if it costs more than I can pay up front, it's out of my league and I need to find something cheaper.
Sounds to me like the probability of getting stranded in the next 20k miles or so isn't any higher than most vehicles - assuming any transmission failure will give enough warning to get home.
Historically, this thing has stranded me more times than all my beaters put together - but by now I figure it sb pretty much debugged.
Maybe it's time to drag it into a body shop and get an estimate on the rust fixes.
--
PeteCresswell