'98 'Burb: Disabling Rear Window Sensor?

I have reason to leave the rear window open when parked all day sometimes.

Because of the way the vehicle is wired, this keeps the interior dome light on and runs down the battery.

I want to disable the rear window sensor.

Before I go digging into the trim around it and cutting wires there, maybe somebody can suggest a better way.

Some other place to get to the wire?

Maybe a fuse or something?

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Why don't you use the dome light lock out button next to the head lamp switch?

Reply to
Droopy

Per Droopy:

Fooled around with it when the vehicle was new, but never figured out what it did - probably because I expected the dome light to go out when I pressed it.

Now that you've mentioned it, I see that as long as it's pressed while the dome light is out, the dome light will not come on when doors are opened.

Sounds like exactly what I was trolling for.

Thanks!

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)